Is AW 68 Oil correct hydraulic oil for a T650 Bobcat? I live in a warm climate(Florida) if that makes any difference.. Thank you.
The heavier weight AW68 is OK …. BUT the Type of oil is wrong …… go with the 68 but make sure that the oil is an oil that is meant for both Transmission & Hydraulic ….. I don't know what they would call it where you are …. but some of our trade names are : Dura-tran, Universal Tractor …… this oil has added seal inhibitors to prevent pre-mature motor, pump, shaft seal failure …. Our Oils of this type are more of a Red color than Clear as in the straight hyd oil ………… Hope this helps ???
We use the Warren Anti Wear 68. Its our first Bobcat so I'm just making sure..
As I posted before …. There are many different Trade names …. BUT from the description you give, I'd Say it's the Wrong Blend of Oil ….. That's what the AW stands for is "Anti-Wear" ….. the 68 is the viscosity …. we use a 32 weight oil because of our climate temp extremes of High-Low ….. In a pinch if you had to top it up maybe …. but as a regular thing I wouldn't use it, you'll wind up with leaks in places you never thought due to Seal failures ……. JMHO