Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 943 (04Z) Hour Meter, System Monitor stopped working

sparkmancm ยท 2012-09-08 15:24

CAT 943 (04X-00132) - Hour Meter, System Monitor quit working. Check all fuses and reset main breaker (red button). Still not working. Recently jacked up cab to change transmission filter. Didn't see any wires that may have become unplugged. Any ideas ? Thanks.

Replies1
  1. #1jimson2012-09-08 23:52

    I am not going to say this will be your problem but its worth a look. I was having electrical gremlins on my 953 20z. I tried lots of things, no luck. One day it wouldnt start. It turned out to be a broken wire on the starter solinoid. It was about an 8ga white wire with heavy overbraid that caries power up to the starter switch. If i remember right it was on one of the small terminals next to the batt. cable. After i fixed it the other problems went away also. It would be worth a look.