Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 943

SunServicesLLC ยท 2007-06-08 07:51

Looking at a 943 for digging basements on small lots. Wandering what the dump height of the machine is? Any opinions of the machine would also be much appreciated Thanks Brian

Replies14
  1. #1Dozerboy2007-06-08 21:51

    I don't know the height but I've had no problem loading low side end dumps with a 939 if thats any help.

  2. #2lgammon2007-06-08 23:10

    our 943 is a great machine, it does a really good job on small to mediem sized lots. it will load almost any truck

  3. #3biggixxerjim2007-06-08 23:49

    good machine. go for it.

  4. #4Geno7952007-07-06 22:21

    Brian, If you want something newer, look at a Deere 605C. Has better specs than a 943 and would be more reliable since they havent made the 943 in a few years and most of them are getting older. Most people who ever owned a 943 liked them (good machines) and everyone likes the Deere 605. I know guys who load 60 or more trucks a day with the 605C Thanks Geno

  5. #5Stick Pro2007-07-16 00:20

    We have a 943 we use it to dig swimming pools works great. Have dug a few basements with it you will have no problem with it. To bad they dont make them anymore.

  6. #6Countryboy2007-07-16 18:59

    Welcome to HEF Stick Pro! :drinkup

  7. #7SunServicesLLC2007-07-17 06:49

    Well after looking at a couple of machines and talking to a couple of people I think it might be worth just getting a 953 instead. Def. a bigger machine but can get a lot more done. IS bigger, better?? Thoughts and opinions

  8. #8biggixxerjim2007-07-19 22:46

    Yes, it is

  9. #9Gavin Phillips2007-07-21 08:56

    943 has a dump clearence of 2.59m / 2.83 yards with a drott bucket.

  10. #10whithunter2007-07-28 19:44

    I would say go ahead and get a 953. The extra power sure is nice when cutting basements.

  11. #11honest outlaw2008-03-08 20:26

    i"ve owned 2 943's they were both excellent machines. they give very little trouble.:notworthy the only thing i ran into was the lack of booty when pushing larger than average trees. never did come across one that i could not get just took longer than i wanted it to! :Banghead i have a 953b now and after 15000 plus hours of track loader operating experience ihave to say it is my favorite lil nugget! ointhead :notworthy

  12. #12312King2008-03-14 13:19

    I love the 43s, Great little nible machines Real nice for backfilling, The only problem I never liked, LIke a couple other guys mention, is the power. Just needs alittle more. If I were going to buy one, I would Put a turbo off a 953a model because they are the same just the 3204 in 943s are non turbo.

  13. #13Komatsu 1502008-03-14 18:04

    It seems like the turbo tends to kill the 3204. We had the engine majored in our 943 last winter at about 15000 hours. A lot of people had trouble getting a third of that in the 953a, although the greater weight must have some effect. We never had a 953 so I don't know how true that is, just what I've heard.

  14. #14312King2008-03-24 04:20

    This is true most guys only get 5500-6000hrs out of these a modle 953s, but you also got to remeber that the turbo is making more horse power which is harder on the motor. Another thing you have to maintain the cooling system, thse motors blow headgaskets and crack the heads if you let them over heat.