Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 943, bad hydraulic vibration

Westfork ยท 2011-02-23 19:01

Hi all, I am new here and I hope someone can answer my question(s). I have a 86 943, which is an awesome machine, but last month I got is semi-stuck in the mud, which has left me with a bad vibration. Let me explain: I was working around my pond and got the front end a little stuck in the muck (bucket wouldn't push me out), so I raised the loader boom all the way up and left it running (5 mins) while I got some 6x6's. While I got the 6x6's I saw a huge puff of smoke from the tractor, so I ran over and shut it off. I looked at where the smoke was coming from and it melted the plastic hyd measuring window on the hydraulic reservoir. I got that fixed and filled the reservoir back up with AW32 oil and when I tried to run the loader, it made a really bad vibration noise coming from the reservoir. The pump sound fine. It does not vibrate the first 30 seconds after I start it or when the throttle is less 20% WOT. Sound kinda like something is preventing the flow. I have ordered a maintenance manual because I do not know where the filter is. The 943 was my dads. Thanks in advance

Replies3
  1. #1lgammon2011-02-24 22:41

    i think that the hydro filter on the driver side( if it was a truck) under the cab in a large cast iron tube a little bigger than a wine bottle. you may have to jack the cab to get to it. it has been a while.

  2. #23rdGenDslWrench2011-02-25 07:56

    Westfork your hydraulic filter is in the front of the machine underneith the sheet metal under the dump cylinder. The safe way to do this is to roll the bucket all the way over Teeth Down and put the bucket on the ground. Once you see the hydraulic tank, on the front right next to the filler neck for the hyd oil there should be a cover with 4 bolts. Those are where your hyd. filters are.

  3. #3Westfork2011-02-25 15:47

    Thanks for the replies.