Hey guys. Can anybody help me with some pics of transport wheels for big excavators? Somewhere in here i have seen solutions for moving big excavators inside mines. Just mount "wheels" on the tracks and let a mining truck tow you away with the bucket in the dumpbox. Any manufacturer of such equipment? And thanks in Advance!
Hey, i know what video ur talkin about i thought they were pretty cool when i saw them. Cant seem to find the video again tho.. let you know if i figure it out
It took some thinking to remember what the company name was, but I think this is what you were looking for. http://www.sleipner.fi/en/english_sleipner.html
Heres our company link to Terex RH70 wheels link is lower right corner of the video player named RH70:speed http://www.clevelandbrothers.com/media.php
I'd love to see this setup used to move some of our stuff around, but I know the HS&E folks would never let it happen.....spoilsports!
Welcome! We have produced dozens of SLEIPNER System. Weight classes from 30 to 50 - 70 - 90 - 120 - 190 - 250 - 310 - 400 - and now a new 550 ton machines. Please visit the www.sleipner.fi and can be found on youtube videos http://www.youtube.com/user/sleipnervideos?feature=mhee
That is a brilliant idea. Must save a huge amount of wear and time if you need to move the excavator reguarly over any distance. I do a job once a year where I have to track two 20 tonne excavators two and a half hours each on gravel tracks part way through the job and I get shaken to bits, let alone the excavators.
I would love some of them. I have had many jobs where you walk a machine to death. I once had a reclaim job that we had to walk the Cat 320 16 miles in from where the lowbed could get to. Not only did it take all day, but most of the way there on the one lane "road" we had to have one track partly on a berm, as the tracks were wider than the goatpath. Horrible wear on the pins doing that for so long. Had a quarry where we had to walk a 350 2 miles a couple of times to get from one cut to another.