Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 943 bogging

Dozier Digging ยท 2015-04-14 22:31

i have a 943 it seems to run great but when in use its bogging -straining badly someone told me to adjust the linkage on the throttle that pulls up on a lever on the trans. I don't think it helped any I have changed the filters in the trans and its full of oil the center pedal is all the way up. im at a lost ive owned a 953 it never bogged unless you was digging my943 bogs just to drive around and rolling black smoke out the stack

Replies3
  1. #1Bob/Ont2015-04-15 20:44

    You need to adjust the linkage right. Put throttle in full position, locked back then make sure the spring link is stretched out about 5/8". At this point disconnect the link to the HPCU, let it down and then lift it back up until you feel it contact a spring inside. At that point the pin should slide right in, adjust the length of the linkage to HPCU if necessary. Try that and let me know what it drives like. Later Bob

  2. #2Dozier Digging2015-04-17 11:38

    hey bob/ont I tried to re-adjust the linkage and I did as you said but when I lift up on the hpcu lever I really don't feel nothing it feels free

  3. #3Bob/Ont2015-04-17 17:51

    You should feel a resistance that will spring as you touch it. Later Bob