Thanks again to those who helped with my steering pedal problem. The machine has been moved to the shop where more serious stuff can be addressed. In going through the systems checking for problems, I discovered that the diverter valve that switches hydraulic pressure from the 4-in-1 bucket to the ripper control was not functioning. Surprise!! the cab mounted control was disconnected and rusted solid. After a couple of days searching for a "will fit" cable, I bit the bullet and bought the Cat cable. It mounted up without a problem, but it still will not switch from bucket to ripper control. I have located the valve, which is just behind the hydraulic tank, but the linkage appears to be accessible only by a full cab tilt and belly pan removal. I think that the problem lies in the linkage and the dirt accumulation around the valve. Can you guys give me some ideas on how to get to this problem and the possible fixes? Regards, Clark
you are going to have to get real comfortable with dropping belly pans and jacking the cab. this is just part of it when owning an older loader. don't over think it just get in the habit. then get it clean. then start looking for your problem
Hey lgammon- Were you ever right. After weeks of bad weather and schedule conflicts, I finally dropped both belly pans and went to work with a pressure washer. After a couple of hours of cleaning from every angle and opening, I was able to actually touch the linkage that controls the diverter valve. It is locked up tight. Next step is to disassemble the linkage and repair it. I learned several valuable things. I may need to find a lighter jack to handle the pans. It is not as easy to crawl out from under a tractor as it used to be. Updates to follow. Regards, Clark
Get a 1 1/2 ton floor jack. Later Bob