I have a cat 943 that I've used on the farm for approx 4 years. It's a good machine that's done a lot of work for me. I noticed today while I was loading dirt that it was getting slower to raise and lower the bucket after running for about 30 mins. I checked fluid level on front hydraulic reservoir and it appeared fine. I haven't changed hydraulic filter since getting machine. Machine appears to not be in a strain while lifting p, just slow. It's never been slow to lift and lower before that I have noticed. Ideas on how to repair and trouble shoot my issue? I was thinking to change filter first and see if it fixes issue.Thanks for any help.
If it's slow to lower as well as lift, that suggests it's maybe not a hydraulic problem as lowering is under gravity. It sounds more like the spool isn't getting full stroke. I would start by checking the linkages between the control lever and the tank. Also check the steel lines to the lift cylinders to see if one has been kinked.