I've read every cab related page of the Parts Manual, and the little set-screw you use a 1/4" drive ratchet to open the air filter panels isn't listed. I've highlighted it in the attached image.
Dunno about the F, but for our 950H it appears that you have to buy the complete door at close to $400AUD.
Well This is the tool I have had for years for those handle less latches. All the ones I dealt with had a hole right through the latch. Yours looks like it has a bottom to the female square hole. But I would just find a piece of key stock that fit and weld a couple inches of bar stock to it to make a tool! I tried searching for that part number with no luck, could be for the company that made the latches decades ago! Just a thought! Have you looked real close around the machine? Like in the cab or under the dash? Seem to recall an Hough or International loader we had that had a tool like that in a rubber clip under the dash. Also check behind the seat in this machine Cat may have put one there!
Can’t be 100% certain without a serial number but I think you’re looking for a 6W-8906 latch.
Get the number for the door have you local dealer break it down in tmi. If that doesn't get a solution your probably out of luck unfortunately
Yes a good serial number would be handy for any question and might surprise you what someone could find given a chance!
Certainly looks like it.
Does Cat offer a "tool" for those latches or just expect someone to use a ratchet to open them? I honestly have no idea where I found the tool I posted a picture of above but know I used it on a few machines that did not have the permanently attached handle. Like I said I think I would just find a piece of key-stock that fit the square in the latch and weld a T handle to it. Five minute job to make one and probably be good idea to make up a couple spare while at it!
I have a tool but just grab a big flat head screw driver. It fits in corner to corner just perfectly.
I ground a cheap 1/4 extension and used it for years
Find a lock and latch hardware supplier and change the latch to something you can actually replace easily. In my neck of the woods, we have McNaughtans, they supply truck, bus, trailer, and shipping container hardware. https://www.locksgalore.com.au/secu...square-drive-key-for-fl-square-drive-cam-lock https://www.mcnaughtans.com.au/