Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 950G vs CAT 962G ?

MAQBOL ยท 2020-05-13 19:26

I have been looking for a CAT 950G loader ..but I haven't found any in a decent operating condition. However I have found a CAT 962G in very good condition and very good price. Any recomendations/experiences with 962G? My objection was that it is a "too big machine", but after seeing it the difference doesn't seem to be much... and could be even better than the 950G..ending up in a good deal

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2020-05-13 19:42

    We had 962G's on the last job. Pretty good machines all round. That's a weird-looking bucket. Does the machine have a quick coupler on it.? It's hard to see in the photo but I suspect it does. Do you need a quick coupler because if you don't that machine could be the wrong one for you. The weight of the coupler plus the additional weight of the QC bucket compared to a standard pin-on bucket will adversely affect the loading performance.

  2. #2John C.2020-05-15 15:37

    The 962G was the same machine as the 950G with a little more horsepower and some other minor differences. There was plenty of noise about them here as they were marketed as a less expensive 966G and they didn't perform to that spec. I recall plenty of issues with the ride control but other than that if they went into the right application, they were trouble free.

  3. #3Nige2020-05-15 15:40

    Ours didn't have ride control - bonus...!!

  4. #4cuttin edge2020-05-15 17:16

    It looks like a set of forks behind the bucket.

  5. #5MAQBOL2020-06-13 14:00

    Which ones would be the right applications for these 962G wheel loaders?

  6. #6John C.2020-06-14 11:06

    Flat dry surfaces to work on with relatively dry and light material for the larger bucket. Working with gravel and top soils were OK for the ride control as long as the floor was hard and flat. I had heard the complaints when they were working in mud yards handling wet waste materials.

  7. #7CM19952020-06-14 12:30

    Looks to be more a grading bucket with the flat bottom instead of a more curved standard wheel loader bucket.