Three months ago, the extreme left bearing fell apart on the front axle. The bridge was removed and only the left side was dismantled. Both bearings were replaced. During the repair process, they paid attention to the fact that the brake discs (pads) do not have a brake coating (sputtering). I'm writing like this because I don't know how it will be translated. Those who did it, they call themselves service specialists, decided that these were new technologies, a special alloy, and they should be so and convinced our mechanic of this. The bridge was assembled and installed. During operation, hydraulic oil began to flow into the front axle. Now we have found out that the brake coating should be. These people claim that the oil leaks due to the fact that the piston has received a lot of free travel and goes beyond the working area and the oil pressing on it flows out. I naturally disagree with them, I think they missed something during the repair. Share your experience.
M5K06268
Do you have any photos of the brake friction discs after disassembly.?
No, Nige, I didn't expect anything like that back then. For the sake of justice, I will say that the friction discs were installed, also without me, now the leak has stopped. But they were shooting and dismantling the bridge again, and I suspect that they corrected their mistake that they don't talk about. They still refer to too much piston stroke due to the lack of friction discs.
Excessive wear of the friction material on the discs will result in too much piston travel and as a result the area of the piston containing the seal can move out of its housing. Result - brake oil in the axle housing + no brakes.
Now I understand. Thank you.
I still refuse to call these people service specialists with all my might...)))))))