Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 950M

partsandservice · 2025-07-16 21:21

Hey fellows, I have been mostly out of game for a few years, but am back in to some extent. So of course I am here looking advise. I rebuilt the transmission in a CAT 950M. All the gears are working but I feel like I need to calibrate the transmission, to make it correct. Can this be done through the onboard monitor? If I had a password or is ET gonna be required?

Replies11
  1. #1Nige2025-07-17 04:55

    Welcome back....!! Post a Serial Number to help in looking up the transmission calibration procedure. You might be lucky and it only needs a Click Box.

  2. #2JD955SC2025-07-17 05:30

    Yes you are supposed to calibrate the solenoids. I don’t *think* there is a hookup for the click box on an M model. We use ET. This may be one of the machines where a separate gauge is required to manually measure clutch pressure- the procedure in SIS will specify. Been a long time since I’ve been on an M model so I don’t know about the monitor.

  3. #3partsandservice2025-07-17 07:42

    EMB 275

  4. #4Nige2025-07-17 08:23

    Confirmed. ET is required to calibrate the transmission. It might also be a good idea to run a calibration on the left pedal position sensor at the same time.

  5. #5partsandservice2025-07-17 08:30

    That is what I assumed, but thanks for confirmation. I will try to find someone who can calibrate it.

  6. #6Mike L2025-07-17 18:20

    Where have you been?

  7. #7partsandservice2025-07-17 20:03

    Man it has been a journey. Two heart attacks. I just recently liquidated my used parts business which even though quite profitable had become a burden. My forman died and the head parts man fell deep into alcoholism. Competent help is almost impossible to find around here so it was all falling on me to dismantle and sell and ship the parts. So I am picking and choosing my jobs now and doing them at a pace my health allows. I am a mechanic and that is what I like to do.

  8. #8Nige2025-07-18 06:11

    All the best for your continued recovery.

  9. #9oarwhat2025-07-18 08:21

    Wow that's allot to deal with. Hang in there and don't do too much.

  10. #10Vetech632025-07-18 15:01

    We have very similar lives right now. Hang in there!

  11. #11Truck Shop2025-07-18 15:55

    A whole bunch of us on here are getting old, finding {easy} is not easy and a daily task. I find just moving the lawn sprinkler a enjoyment at times.