Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 951c

Tfsconst · 2024-09-23 15:34

I have a cat 951 with serial number 69h1916, trying to find out the year and what motor was in it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies9
  1. #1Nige2024-09-23 16:27

    As you can see by the Serial Number plate the 69H-prefix was a French-built 951B/C model, equivalent to a US-built 86J-prefix. My info doesn't tell me where the Serial Number break occured in the 69H production where the former D300-series engine was replaced by the 3304. Look on the engine. Does it have a Serial Number plate showing the same S/N as the tractor.? UPDATE: 951C from 69H3703-Up were fitted with the 3304 engine. So your machine will have the earlier engine, I think it is a D330C. Interested why you want to know the year. The Serial Number is really all you need when it comes to obtaining parts & servoice information.

  2. #2Tfsconst2024-09-25 08:04

    Thank you for the information, I was just wondering what year the machine was made.

  3. #3Nige2024-09-25 08:36

    All I can tell you is that the production of the 951C in France started in 1971, so your machine will be around the 1971-73 time frame. I found some more information. The 69H-prefix changed from 951B to C at S/N 69H1869 in 1972. As your machine is 69H1916, less than 50 Serial numbers after the model change, that makes it a very early 951C produced in 1972. Confirmed that the engine is a D330C, the change to the 3304 engine came at 69H2520 in 1973. Have you got any manuals for it.?

  4. #4Tfsconst2024-09-26 07:23

    No, I don’t have any manuals

  5. #5Nige2024-09-26 08:21

    The information in Caterpillar's online systems is very poor for machines from this era. If you have a Parts Manual you can search by Part Number for what you want, either from a dealer or aftermarket. Here are some Cat Publication reference numbers that will help you search common online marketplaces. Maintenance Manual (for machines 69H1833-Up) - covers basic maintenance tasks - SEBU6505. here's one on eBay . Parts Manual (for machines 69H1-2520) - UEE0012S Service Manual (a complete repair manual for the machine) - REG00783. A paper version of this manual will also include a copy of SEBU6505. For anything second-hand it's always worth asking the seller "is it complete?" before parting with any payment. Here's a link to one on eBay at about 1/3 of new price that has "no missing or damaged pages" according to the item description. I can't see anything regarding a Parts Manual except a couple on eBay that are both priced at $150. You can download a genuine OEM Manual for less at the Cat Pubs website for $124. Just put UEE0012S in the box and click the Search button. I know it says 951B on the cover but remember that 69H machines up to 1869 were in fact badged as B models when they were built. It's still the correct book for your S/N.

  6. #6Tfsconst2024-09-26 08:27

    Thank you so much for your help on this machine!

  7. #7Nige2024-10-01 08:08

    I forgot to mention earlier that based on your location Offroad Equipment who are based in Alcoa TN will be a very good source for both OEM & aftermarket parts for your 951C. Apparently they are very knowledgable people with an excellent phone service.

  8. #81466IH2024-10-02 18:53

    Regal is also in TN and very helpful along with american crane and tractor. They have a location down there as well

  9. #9Tfsconst2024-10-05 08:58

    Thank you for all your help! I have a track rolled off that I am working on now.