Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Root rake for 973

TX Todd ยท 2024-09-23 16:10

I have a Cat 973 with 4-in-1 bucket, its an older machine so its just 973 and pre-973D. I want to run this machine to root rake and stacker. I called some companies about root rake and they are all saying they build them only for the quick coupler fusion which my machine is not. I found a picture of the style of rake I want. Should I equip my machine with the quick coupler and sell my existing bucket and then shop for a rake? Or is there a rake that might fit the same way the orginal bucket fits and just remove the pins. I would like to run it mostly dedicated as a rake but like the idea of switching back to a bucket if needed but not frequently.

Replies3
  1. #1Welder Dave2024-09-24 01:03

    I would think a company like Weldco Beales or another major attachment company could make a pin on root rake. If not a good fab shop could probably modify a quick attach to pin on style. Should be less money than having to buy a quick attach plus a rake and maybe a quick attach bucket too.

  2. #2Jimbo2024-09-24 21:57

    The Machine Shop in Hebbronville can build you one to your specs

  3. #3gwhammy2024-09-29 08:02

    Have you thought about having one made you can grab with the 4-1 bucket? Maybe have a slot that fits the bucket side so it would be secure even if not clamped tight. The ones for dozers sometimes hook to pin holes welded on the top of the blade. It would be a lot easier than unpinning the bucket every time you wanted to switch.