Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 953a transmission leak

1990cat953 ยท 2024-11-09 17:42

I'm having a weird transmission fluid leak. Looks like from the picture it looks like the bell housing where the trans and motor meet. There's a plug hole there and no plug. Should it be plugged? And that's where I'm getting a leak at .what's weird is that it doesn't leak when the loader is running and operating. Just when I shut it down it leaks a little fluid out of it. Anyone know. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1pittsburgh cat man2024-11-09 18:39

    I would think the o ring seals on drive coupling are going.

  2. #21990cat9532024-11-09 21:11

    So I guess I would have to pull the transmission? And I guess with it leaking probably shouldn't put the plug in? Why is it there anyway kinda weird . Weird that it only leaks a little when shut off

  3. #3pittsburgh cat man2024-11-09 22:05

    Some of those we would pull the engine less stuff to disconnect and you don't have to roll cab to 90. also watch when you go back to gather the plate on flywheel housing that throtle linkage goes on has a lot of movement until bolts are tight it can screw up underspeed valve adjmight be a good idea to marke it before you loosen bolts