Hi friends i have a 955 l.my problem is when it is cold you must have 1700 rpms to start move it seems dont want move.when it work some time and warm up move better and if you work for a half hour then i think it works fine.what do you think happens??? Sorry for my bad english.
The 955 is designed to run wide open, when the rpms go down so does the fluid pressure. It needs at least half throttle to start to move, just open it up and she will run And welcome to HEF
Thank you I thought it has problem with the torque conv or the pump.
I try again today to do some work but something is going wrong.i have change all the filters ihave clean the screens but it doesn t want to move easy.I saw another 955 8y today it moves very easy with low rpms.my pump pressure is 330psi but the machine don t move it want full throtle to start moving and when you push one pedal to turn it stops moving.please guys help me.
I think the brakes are adjusted too tight and the steering clutches are not releasing. Will it steer with one pedal or neither pedal? Later Bob
When you press one pedal you must have full throttle to steer.if you have middle rpms it stops moving.The pedals I thing have about 10 cm to start steering.if you press both pedals 7-8 cm about it doesn't do anything, it walks.The pressure is 320-330 psi all the time after 30 minutes of working but when it is cold it is going up down.Thank you Bob.
Do you maybe have a suction line leak to the trans pump? Is the oil looking foamy?
Where is the suction line? Under the screen?If it takes air the pressure must be low or not?Also sometimes I hear it buzzing at about 1000 rpms.
A buzz could be sucking air or an inlet obstruction. If it's an obstruction it should get worse at higher RPM if it's sucking air it should be worse at low RPM. The steering pump should be on the back of the trans pump if you have a 955 K or L. The steering pump has a suction line back to the steering clutch case and beside it is a cover(round with two flat sides) pull the screen out under it and clean. If it's dirty trans oil will go into the steering case. See if that helps. Does the trans get hotor have you worked it enough? Later Bob
I have clean the screen it was ok.The oils are ok.I have work it about 45 minutes the conv temp doesn't seems to go up.You think it is the t conv?Also I check the brakes, 2 turns to tight full.The buzzing duration is 1 second every time and the distance from one to other is about 3 seconds I hope understand what I mean. If the trans have problem what are the symptoms? The pressure at all the gears is the same.
I understand you, trans sounds good. Try this, put bucket on ground and push to build resistance to travel. Put the machine in gear and travel then push the outer 2 pedals down until the machine stops. The machine should stop before the brakes are on but may not. Once it has stopped, slowly release the pedals and see how far they come up before the machine will move. And does it move away slowly and smoothly or with a jerk. Later Bob
Ok here the results.When you push the pedals it stops moving if you release slowly after 2 cm it starts moving slowly if you release fast it start moves fast.If you push only brakes it doesn't stops.If put the bucket behind a very stable stone, put 1st gear and have middle or a little higher rpms it doesn't do nothing if you press the pedals and release fast tha tracks start moving on the ground.The buzzing you can hear all the time and the gauge moves exactly as you hear.I m sure it sucking air somewhere when I start the engine after 3 minutes the oil was foaming then after 10 minutes was in better condition.It must work about 20 minutes to starts moving.If you try to move cold you must have about 1800 rpms to moves but after 30 minutes working moves good but not exactly as my friend 8y.Thank you for your help.
What viscosity oil are you using?
I don't have change oils because it was very clean clear I change only filters.
I clear out the water from the engine cooling system.I put new antifreeze do i need to open somewhere to go the air out from the cooling cirquit?
Didn't have an issue when I changed my antifreeze, just drained and refilled. There is a small steel line which goes from the thermostat housing to below the thermostat. Watch the machine to see if heat starts to rise, if it does loosen the fitting to see if air comes out
I think the brake bands need to be relined and the steering will work right. From what you say the clutches are releasing(drive stops and starts) but braking force is not as good as it should be. Before you take the clutches out take a picture to remind you of the side of the pinion the bevel gear is on. Be sure you have all bolts out before forcing the cover up(work loose with pry bar) some front bolts are hard to see. What oil is foaming? reseal the suction line for that pump. Later Bob
The trans oil.I look under the machine the trans leaks a little at three points.First from the pumps,second from the point where is the temp sensor ,third from the point where the oil line connect to the front line which goes to the radiator. probably it leaks from the suction line but I'm not sure if the oil comes from up.can it sucking air from the pumps? I forgot it leaks a little from the front of the t.c. Thank you very much.
John, I think you should try to repair all the leaks around the pump first. Remove the pumps (both steering and trans) take them apart, inspect and reseal them and then put them back on. Wash down the area and test for leaks. Put a bit of oil inside the pumps to pre lube them so they will not start up dry. See if that helps the buzzing and gauge fluctuation. Then you can worry about the other leaks, get it working good first. Then lift the steering case top off and look at the brakes, I suspect they are worn bad. Later Bob
Ok Bob that's I ll do.Which is the easier way to take out a roller?
I empty the oil from the trans and it has 20 liters inside. is this ok??I had check the oil before it was at full mark.
Just guessing on your model but my L holds 34 liters. Draining just the trans as you did would be several liters less
At the steering case exists only the brakes? Or it has cluches which disconnects the power from the final drives?Thank you all for your help.
The trans drives the pinion that turns the bevel gear on a shaft, the shaft has a cutch for each side that disconnects to allow steering. If the load is not heavy enough to cause steering when the clutch is released the brake is used. Later Bob
So if the clutches are worn the machine don't move at all or it moves slowly.right?
Today I put new o-rings on the suction line and new trans oil.Then I start the engine.It is a different machine it stoped suck air the trans press goes 350psi at very low rpms when you put gear you feel it ,the engine rpms slow a little down and when you rise a little the rpms starts moving.I thing I'm sure that was the problem.Thank you very much for your help.
You are very welcome John. Thanks for letting us know your success. Later Bob