Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hydraulics oil for a cat 955l

johnmelissas ยท 2015-03-05 14:09

Hi gays can I use tellus 46 or 68 to the hydraulics?

Replies6
  1. #1AllDodge2015-03-05 18:34

    If your asking what hydraulic fluid is used on a 955L, well it should be 10W or AW32, unless your running in a hot climate and then go to AW46

  2. #2Nige2015-03-06 04:52

    For the climate in Greece a 68 would also probably work in hydraulics, but personally I would start with a 46 and see how the machine performs.

  3. #3johnmelissas2015-03-06 16:05

    I saw some threads in this forum where they say that we must use 10 w oil for hydraulics for the 955l.I know that 10 w isn t the same as tellus oils what s your opinion?sorry for my english

  4. #4AllDodge2015-03-06 16:14

    My service manual does say to use 10W mineral oil. Now my manual is old and produced around when the machine was made (guessing). It doesn't mention zinc based oils but I know zinc is a good thing for reducing wear. The Shell Tellus oils has two option with a zinc base so I would say they should be good for your machine. Think I'll look further into them and may use them my self in the future. http://s05.static-shell.com/content/dam/shell-new/local/country/aus/downloads/pdf/lubricants/tellus/shell-tellus-product-family-brochure.pdf

  5. #5johnmelissas2015-03-06 16:43

    Any idea for clean all the system it has water in it.the oil is milked.i can t find where came the water into the tank.

  6. #6AllDodge2015-03-06 16:48

    Take the side cover off the tank and use some diesel to clean it out. Then wipe it out and put some fresh oil in it