Hello, I have a Cat 955 loader. I am moving and would like to sell it. How do I find information on the value? I am going through a divorce and my ex is not helping, so I have no idea how to find information on it. It doesn’t run but it’s because of a starter, it ran multiple times since we owned it over the last 18 years. The bucket hydraulics are not working, it had a leak but the engine seems fine. can you all help me just to give me an idea of sale value? Thank you.
Sorry if this may be bad news for you but even if it was in full running condition and mobile it would only be worth somewhere around scrap price. As a non-runner it's worth less than that because whoever buys it for scrap will have the cost of cutting it up and moving it from its current location to deduct from the scrap value. Depending on what model of 955 it is there may be other opportunities. Do you have a Serial Number for the machine.? See this thread from only a week ago, and this one ran and moved under its own power - HeavyEquipmentForums
Some pics. and serial number would help. 955 is too generic to give an opinion. It may be worth something if it wasn't needed, so parked because no one wanted to change the starter.
For a non-runner I'd say 5k.......pretty much scrap price.
Pics. would really help to see just what it is and the overall condition. If it's an old 955H it's probably not even worth $5K. If it's a K or L and had some undercarriage life left could be worth over $5K. Need more info.