Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IH 175C Track Loader

DaveODonnell ยท 2024-11-06 12:02

Silly question but what is the small lever (L-shaped) just to the right of the operator's seat?

Replies12
  1. #1DB22024-11-06 15:16

    A picture of it might be helpful

  2. #2DaveODonnell2024-11-06 17:05

    Well currently its a 3hr drive away. Its not in any manual I have found. But from YouTube videos...

  3. #3DaveODonnell2024-11-06 17:12

    Everything else is intuitive. But this? This thing is built like a tank, or battleship, brick s#$%house. The turbo diesel just purrs.

  4. #4skyking12024-11-06 21:39

    might be a parking brake. I last operated one 43 years ago so there is no chance I would remember.

  5. #5DaveODonnell2024-11-07 09:42

    Love the P51! That is entirely possible. Manual cautions about using/setting the brake in cold weather. But it does not say how to do it or release it... At least that I have discovered.

  6. #6traxcavator2024-11-07 20:14

    That lever is to set the park brake. Hold the brake pedal down and pull up on the lever to set it. Push brake pedal down to release it.

  7. #7DaveODonnell2024-11-07 21:00

    Sincere thanks!

  8. #8willie592024-11-07 21:00

    Wow that machine brings back a bad memory from years ago, I had to replace a dead starter on one of those with the loader arms down. What a PITA.

  9. #9Welder Dave2024-11-11 04:58

    On first impression looks like a nice machine. There is a thread on here by Boone? who restored a 175C I believe.

  10. #10MarcusZ19672024-11-11 06:19

    Ya'all beat me to this... lol Boone HeavyEquipmentForums My thread. HeavyEquipmentForums

  11. #11DDoug2024-11-11 07:07

    Dozer grousers on a crawler loader ?

  12. #12MarcusZ19672024-11-11 07:18

    Yup, good for heavy digging. Not so much for pile work. They will tear up more ground spinning and more chances of throwing a track. Been running with built up shoes for quite some time now.