Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 955K engine

tomb76131 ยท 2016-11-14 14:48

I have a 955k serial # 71j2208 and I can not identify the motor. All information points to a 3304 but it has the old style round water pump and a scroll injector pump which says D330C. The only number on the block (except for casting #'s) is A4234. This is a grey market machine with the block being cast by Mitsubishi. I think I need to do a bottom end but with out knowing what it is it is difficult to track parts. Any help would be great.

Replies3
  1. #1Old Magnet2016-11-14 15:19

    That unit is Japanese production D330C (4-3/4" bore) engine. The 3304 did not come in until 71J4558

  2. #2tomb761312016-11-14 15:59

    Thanks with that being the case where or how do I go about finding and getting an in frame kit

  3. #3Nitelite2016-11-20 19:54

    [email protected] This place has good parts and customer service.