Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Liebherr 622b moving issues

jscanlon ยท 2016-11-21 09:33

Hey guy's. I just signed up for the forum as I stumbled across it while trying to research and find out what I can do with this 622b. We replaced the splitter box in it, and it was working fine. One day the "electrical malfunstion" light came on on the dash, and the machine quite moving. When I play with the hi/lo range button, I can get it to move for a minute, and then it stops, and I have to play with the button again. We replaced the button, thinking it was the issue. This did not ressolve anything. If anyone can help please feel free to let me know. We have tested the safety switches and they seem to be functioning correctly.

Replies4
  1. #1DMiller2016-11-21 20:53

    Not to sound stupid but you need to first check all the electrical harnesses for cuts or wear damage, those check clean then it will come down to checking circuit voltages and system solenoids for grounds or opens. Invest in a service manual with a diagnostics chart section, these electronics monsters can be ignorant to find problems without.

  2. #2jscanlon2016-11-22 08:31

    We do have a service manual. Have been going through the wiring harness extensively. Finally found a broken wire on the parking brake solenoid just yesterday evening. got to replace the solenoid but pretty sure that is going to fix the issue. Thanks for your reply anyhow.

  3. #3DMiller2016-11-23 07:14

    Good deal, I had to hand over hand harnesses the last newer Deere I assisted a man to find such a issue. It took two days to find the broken ground for a solenoid bank, turned out to have been nicked and turned green inside the sheathing.

  4. #4Dickjr.2016-11-23 13:53

    jscanlon , I have looked at several Liebherr loaders. Other than this wire issue , which I think all machines are prone to these days , how do you like that machine?