I have whst I think is the sieral number. Trying to get the right mantles a d the correct year. SN 78P96968
You actually have a "955L". The 78Pxxxxx is the engine Serial Number, not the machine, and unfortunately for machines of that time period it is not possible to backtrack to a machine Serial Number from an engine Serial Number. what also has to be borne in mind is that the engine might not be the original. Can you post a photo of the plate containing the 78P number please. Is it located on the engine or on the machine.?
Fixed the title.
Yes a 955L. The other numbers I can make out on that plate are 1V31V29 4N49z7R M3974 Does these numbers mean anything?
I'm sorry they don't. Can you post a good in-focus photo of the plate please.
Yes I'm going to take alot of pics. I need service manuals. It's making very load grinding noise. Only after I started let it warm up tried to lift bucket it would not lift then this grinding noise started. I shut the motor down. It was running fine until I tried to move the bucket. This loader gas been stuck fir 3 months newmerous people have tried to get it out. First thing is it out of hydro fuild. Opened the tank and I heard a sucking sound. So the hydro must be low put 10 gal in. Started ran 10 sec and grinding noise I shut the motor down. I bought 30 more gal of hydro fuild. I don't know how to check anything. No manual to go buy. I need to get the bucket up and get it started to get it unstuck. I have a dump trk and back hoe now I'm sure I can get it out. But thus noise is scary I don't want to damage any system. It runs great starts up to a idle. I think it has run dry of hydro oil and has burnt up a hydro pump. Stuck and can't move on its own. It must be fixed before I can move it. Need manual to start finding were things are.
The manuals you need will depend on the machine Serial Number, which in turn depends on some good photos of the data plates.
Attached pics. Has data plate no serial number most all numbers wire smooth. Hope pic can help identify the year yo get service and parts manual thanks
No serial number data plate smooth. My mechanic will be taking the engine covers off this week. I told him to write down any number he fines. It got to have a complete service and all controls adjusted. The hydro started making a crazy noise. It was very low. Even after I fill it up it takes a couple min then you have to shut it down pump bearing or the entire pump. Is making grinding noise. Don't No it you can blend it or not. I'm sure when the mechanic starts looking with the panels off he will get a better deal on whats going on. He will be working on it for at least a week if not longer. Hopefully he will find a number that can give me rhe right manuals . I take all.my pic to the dealer I'm sure I can get close, thanks .
Can you post a photo of the plate where you found the numbers below that you mentioned earlier. Also a photo of the engine data plate might be useful.
That’s request #4. Nige, if you bail out of this thread, nobody on the planet would blame ya !
Maybe someone could post where the serial number should be stamped on a 955L. I thought on the back left by the ROPS mount but that could be another machine.
On the 955L the Data plate can often be found on the right side of the loader turret, so towards the top big pin mount of the chassis, in the U.K. we usually have the French built shovels, it's nice to come across U.S. built one, this tag can be seen as you stand facing the track side on the main structure.
Bro, if there is no number. I can't send a picture. If there is no data plate I can't send a picture. I sent 20 actual pictures of my machine and it the same thing pic of data plate no number. I did go to the dealer and we looked thru his data and came up with what we think is right. He was a service tech this is ehst he gave me 85J 20129-up GUJ 9258 SEB U6554-00 SENR 7364 LIT UEG 67815-01 G CAN BE 0 AND 5 CAN BE A S DOES THIS LOOK CLOSE
went to the cat dealer after an hour or so he recommended these manuals. We look at pic of components, locations of filler tubs anything we could see to get close 85j 20129-up Guj 9258 SEB U6554-00 SENR 73T4 LIT UEG 67815-01 the G or 0 and the 5 or s With my pic does this hunt or am I still on rhe porch. I would like to download manuals I found s a few sits that you can do this. I vwn find the exact numbers on a couple,thanks
OK now I need to move this Cat 955L and as you can read I'm still trying to verify if the manual. numbers I got from the dealer is close. I'm having a wrecker come and pull the loader about 100 feet to a level spot where I can drain the oil and try to figure out what this grinding noise is everytime I start it. I just bought it started it let it run 30 min tried to lift the bucket it tried to move a little then this load grinding noise started I shut it down in a sec. Then I checked fluids low almost not showing on the stick hydro fuled filled it up. Started it again within30 sec load grinding noise shut it down. Then I checked the oil it was contaminated water. I now how the water got in the oil. It was from being flooded in a ditch. So I don't want a or can't start it to move it. I have a back hoe to lift the bucket up is there a release how do I release pressure to lift it up? Also can I just put it in nutrual and will it move or do I need to do something else do i don't break anything by moving it. This the reason I have books on every piece of equipment I own. I think I'm getting close. This is the longest time with no rain and none forcasted ive got to get loader moved so i can start the complete service stage. I found a wrecker big enough to get it out. After dozer,dump trks backhoes all got stuck and a had to be recovered. So what do I need to do to make this thing roll a d tbe bucket lift. If you have a manual that will tell.me. I can send you my email address for that info. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have people that own dozer and all kind kf equipment they all say domthing different. I don't want to drag this machine. But I will for fiftyfeet to get out of the ditch on level ground thanks
OK in case the person I purchased this loader from is reading this. It was running and working great intil I got it stuck and it rained all summer and good friends even when I wasn't at the farm tried to recover it. So what its doing now is because of having water over the tracks for 3 or 4 days at a time until I pumped it out or it drained out. That's why I don't want to start it. The joist one and two water in the oil. Yes tried everyday possible to suck the water and oil out. Even tried taking the oil sending until out nothing. Thanks
You don't have to do anything special to drag it. Put it in neutral and make sure the brakes are not set then let the tow truck pull. As far as the loader I don't know if it will stay up but just pull the lift lever back and lift the loader with your backhoe. It might stay part way up if it will suck some oil in the back side of the cylinders. I have never tried it but it won't hurt anything to try.
I’m thinking that,it’s sank that low into the ground that it’s blown a hose or pipe and you can’t see it leaking,thus you’re emptying your hyd tank out straight after filling it.
You are going to need to dig all around it before attempting to drag it out.
So above is your first post. You got that 78P96968 S/N from somewhere on the machine. I was asking for a photo of (I assume) the plate on which you found that number.