Hi all. I'm new to this site n wanna commend everybody on the amazing info. Available. I'm based in kenya east Africa. I hire earthmovers for works. I have a late model French made 955L serial no. 08Y. This thing doesn't move when it's cold but after the oil warms it's got all the drive. Checked the tranny filters n strainer n no residue but it seems to have air bubbles in oil n the oil was thick. What might be the problem. Oh n it sounds awful when cold but quiets when warm. Thanks Gill
Welcome to the Forums Gill, glad to have you. I am no mechanic but you probably want to change the oil and filters and see if it helps. Refill with the Cat spec oil and see if it helps.
Thanks CM1995. That's what i intend to do n hopefully It works else ima have to open up the tranny pump.
before I opened the pump I'd do a lot of checking. You may have an air leak on the suction side, or a few other things.
To myself sounds like the wrong weight or grade oil in the transmission, agree with the above, get Cat specified oil weight and type change oil and filters. And do not pay attention to CM, he is as much a mechanic as anyone in here!!