Hi I have a new issue with my 962m where when it is working it will all of a sudden it is loosing the steering and the pump pressure is going from 3848kpa to around 24000kpa! Operator says he can hear like a whistle when this happens, to stop it doing this he can either switch the engine off and back on and it clears the pressure or sometimes if he shakes his bucket it’ll clear the issue also, I was thinking it could be a prv sticking shut but before pulling it to bits and going through all the prvs I hope someone can shed some light on the issue or point me in the right direction. Cheers Andy
Do you have the ability to hook Cat ET to the machine to monitor what the ecm is seeing when this happens? I wouldn’t expect to see high pressure in the steering unless you were up against the lock in either direction. These are electric over hydraulic so it’s possible you could have a spool position sensor or something of the like bad. Any fault codes active or logged?
No active fault codes but I have worked out if I go from centre to right lock and back to centre it goes from 4000kpi to 24000kpi and back but if I got from centre to left lock and back to centre it isn’t dropping the pressure back to 4000kpi
I’m going to say you need to get ET hooked to it so we can see what’s going on with the sensors.