Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 963 VS Deere 755

roysbigtoys ยท 2018-03-07 06:34

I would appreciate anyone's opinion that has run these machines. I am looking to buy my first track loader. I have ran a few 963B's and a 963C ( and that is probably what I will buy ), but have not tried out a Deere 755. What are the pro's and con's of each machine? Which one is the least expensive to own?

Replies13
  1. #1DMiller2018-03-11 16:58

    Deere is as expensive to repair and a taste harder to find parts for the older units. Deere does not hold its value as well as a Cat, and as I have run both a 953B and a 755 trying them out would rather be on the Cat.

  2. #2hvy 1ton2018-03-11 17:16

    Everything before the 755K was built by Liebherr and with the partnership mostly, if not completely, dead parts might become an adventure.

  3. #3Welder Dave2018-03-12 21:01

    Original 755 and 755B, 655B and 855, 855B models were Deere designed and built. I think the liebherr machines may have started with the C models. I did a lot of welding on my former neighbors 755 used for demolition.

  4. #4DMiller2018-03-13 12:22

    Problem lays with the drive pump/motor components, was explained by a local shop those too had Liebherr origins on the older machines for a long way back.

  5. #5roysbigtoys2018-03-14 06:48

    Thanks for all of the info. I really like the looks of the 755D & K, but do not like the fact that they are probably not as good as the 963. A Deere salesman was telling me yesterday that somewhere back that the K's are now built in Iowa and are a all Deere machine. Does anyone know what year Deere starting building there own machines and what do you think of them since then?

  6. #6DMiller2018-03-14 06:55

    I suspect 'Assembled' in Iowa, no doubt the hydro components are from overseas. Have not the pleasure nor pain of working a Deere recently beyond an old 555G.

  7. #7mikebramel2018-03-14 10:43

    Deere probably has Danfoss pump/motors which are easier to get parts for than Cat. Old Deere herr had Linde, which are top units.... assuming they aren't ran dry or overheated

  8. #8hvy 1ton2018-03-14 13:20

    All K loaders are designed/built by Deere starting with the 605K in 2011ish, larger machines maybe 2014. There are a couple 755K's around here. I don't know anything other than they haven't been traded off for 963's.

  9. #9SVTSHELBYGT5002018-03-17 07:58

    Local cat dealer delivered a new 953 d . This about 2 years ago . Used it for few days and liked it alot . My local Deere dealer took me to coal valley , Deere demo area . Run a 655k for 3 hours was Soo impressed the I ordered a new 655k and love it ! They are built in Iowa ! Unlike a lot of cat stuff . I know these aren't 963 & 755 but all built on same lines

  10. #10roysbigtoys2018-03-18 09:13

    Now you have me wondering what I am missing if I don't try out a 755K. What was it that was impressive? Please give me the good and the bad of your 665K. Like you said I think the 655K and the 755K would be similar.

  11. #11SVTSHELBYGT5002018-03-21 17:46

    When I compared cats model was 953d . They used a single tank for hyd system and travel system . If you have a component failure u got a real problem . 655k uses 2 separate systems . Cat has had failure . Drive components for 655 k is sized same as 750k dozer . 755 k sized as 855k dozer . These components are pretty much bullet proof . Check it out . For the amount of money your going to spend I would demo both !

  12. #12roysbigtoys2018-04-01 08:11

    Well I could not find a 755K any where near me to try out and ended up buying a 2006 model 963C with 8700 hrs. I haven't got to use it much with periods of rain for the last 2 weeks. So far I am real happy with it. Maybe when it comes time to up grade there will be a 755 in the area to try out. Thanks for all the input from everyone, Happy Easter

  13. #13DMiller2018-04-01 09:09

    Saw a new 953K the other day, ugly little machine. All the tins had been restyled, looks more like a Komatsu than a Cat. Asked the hauler about it, he had nothing good to say beyond the controls were easy to use.