Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 963c hydrostatic issue

Frankie b ยท 2021-05-09 22:57

Hi guys looking for some input or help i have a 963c trackloader it starts i let it warm up after it warms up i track forward for about 20' then the transmission acts like it is bogging down to a crawl i can throw it in neutral and wait about a min then it resets then runs fine for anouther 20' i have already changed both the charge and case drain filters but it still continues is there a mesh filter in side the block that the filter spins on too or any body else have this same issue any help would be appreciated

Replies3
  1. #1lantraxco2021-05-10 15:45

    Check the tank for a suction filter, and make sure the suction hose isn't kinked or collapsing?

  2. #2Nige2021-05-10 16:09

    We have a resident Cat hydrostatic track loader expert (not me I hasten to add) and the first couple of things he is going to ask are:- 1. Serial Number. 2. What is the engine High Idle RPM.? If you don't know or have not yet measured it than that should be your first step.

  3. #3kshansen2021-05-10 19:47

    As much as I might have liked learning about those glad I didn't have to! I'm kind of glad that guy is here and hope he raises his hand once the aforementioned information is posted.