Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 966 B 75A series

nevilley ยท 2020-09-21 19:00

Hi, I am sure I seen it but maybe mixed up with another machine but is there a grease nipple on the water pump of a Cat 966B loader..75A series..D333 engine....

Replies5
  1. #1kshansen2020-09-21 19:40

    Nevilley, Sorry to say but it's been too many years since I saw a 966B 75A and SIS does not acknowledge the 75A prefix at all. Does this D333 have a belt driven water pump or is it gear driven like a 3306? If gear driven I would expect the pump bearings to be engine oil lubed. Belt driven I think could go either way, sealed at assembly or greaseable in service.

  2. #2nevilley2020-09-21 19:48

    Hi thanks for your reply, it's a belt driven water pump...I thought I had greased it once but as I say I may be mixed up with other machines...I had a look but didn't see it either side ....then thought some are hard to see...

  3. #3Nige2020-09-22 06:52

    Let everyone else see what you're looking at. Post a photo of the water pump pls.

  4. #4nevilley2020-09-22 08:14
  5. #5Bluox2020-09-23 15:13

    Depends on which water pump your machine has one did the other did not. Bob