Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 966 regen

JD Treat ยท 2025-02-04 15:40

Having issue with Cat 966 regen lockout. Dealer did manual regen 2 days ago, and loader down already with regen issue. Is operator missing something or is DPF filter blocked.

Replies2
  1. #1ozarkag2025-02-04 23:47

    Most likely underlying issue causing dpf to plug. Injector, turbo, etc

  2. #2NH575E2025-02-05 12:07

    I would start by reading the operator manual and make sure the machine is being run according to the instructions. These new regen tractors are going to have to be run harder and at higher RPMs than many are use to. I run my old hoe at 1500 - 1800 RPMs to keep the hydraulics smoother. That wouldn't fly on a regen tractor. I have a little Kubota with regen and I try to keep it at or near 2500 RPMs which is wide open throttle in it. People that motor around slower with them are developing frequent regen issues.