I am trying to make a brake adjustment on a Volvo L20f wheel loader. It's a simple drum brake but appears that volvo has a special tool needed to make the adjustment. Does anyone have a picture of the tool used? I've tried picks, screw drivers etc but nothing is small enough with enough of a bend to get at it. Thanks in advance!
I’ve never worked L20 ( only L150). But being that difficult, chances are those are Lucas-Girling brake adjustment tool. Don’t quote me on that, though.
The might be similar to a lucas-girling setup but one side is cable operated and one side is hydraulic. they share the same adjusting mechanism however.
Send pictures if you can. Star wheel doesn’t care how brake shoes gets moved.
There is no special tool. You will have to find or make one yourself. There are 2 access points at the bottom of the backing plate. Remove the pugs and adjust with whatever you can reach the star wheels with. It looks like there is a wheel one both sides of the adjuster.