Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 966B loader

nevilley ยท 2018-02-06 06:04

Hi just wondering if anyone has a parts book for a cat 966B loader. I am after the dust covers/ guards that attach to the from frame between the lift rams. Just wondering if I can get the correct name or part number. I think the 966C would be the same as the B..also I believe the covers/guards come in about 4 sections.

Replies5
  1. #1kshansen2018-02-06 09:27

    Well below is the page from SIS on the earliest serial number range for 966C if this helps. If any numbers are not clear let me know and I could also include the list of numbers.

  2. #2nevilley2018-02-06 09:31

    Thanks again for your help. This is useful information.

  3. #3nevilley2018-02-06 09:35

    Hi just wondering what is SIS.

  4. #4kshansen2018-02-06 12:37

    SIS: It is Cats online source for all kinds of information. I believe there are many different levels of access depending on who you are. I know some people have access to many things I can't access like the Cat Service Bulletins know as Service Magazine, those at least to come out every week and show updates of all kinds. I used to get the paper version at work till "someone" decided to stop them could never get a straight answer on that. I also have heard that some people have a even more limited access that only lets them see parts books for their equipment. I'm really not sure why I still have access as I retired close to three years ago and I'm not going to say anything to the local dealer or the company I worked for about it! The only problem I see with SIS is for many older machines it has very limited or in some cases no information. Like the 966 Loaders there is nothing, at least that I can see, before the 966C models.

  5. #5nevilley2018-02-06 17:18

    I thought it was something in those lines. It is good that people like yourself are prepared to share their knowledge and experiences..