good morning everyone. I was wondering if anyone would know what the following code is trying to tell me? It’s for a Cat D6T. 7301 19137F11796R
I don't recognize that, but it means get out your wallet.
I could be wrong but that does not look like a cat error code. I've never seen them use that format
If it was a T model dozer the meaning of the code is in the computer. As I recall you just have to hit the enter button again.
I have a big file that has all kinds of Cat Error Codes and the only one that even come close is one for 7301 and that one makes no sense especially when working on a dozer. 7301 Tire #29 Sensor Electrical Fault Any chance of taking a picture of the display you are seeing the code on? Might be someone can understand better what you are seeing. And while you're at it how about a S/N? I tried looking on SIS for D6T and the list of prefixes is way too long to make any guesses.
I pressed the button on the dash that toggles from the hour meter to the error codes and that’s what flashes on the screen. I have a video, but it won’t let me upload the file. The D6 is new to our company, so we’re learning about all its quirks. Serial number is WCG00332
As I recall the D6T has a second monitor on the right side of the operator. The D6K has the monitor on the dash panel that toggles the hour meter and various operating parameters. Again as I recall you could not get any codes from the monitor on the D6K. The password to get into the service menu on the D6T used to be the last four digits of the machine serial number.
Is the machine acting up? What is it doing or not doing?
This one is stumping me that series of numbers and letters do not appear to be an "Error Code" I'm attaching the pages out of the operators manual about the service codes. Also another few pages that might help explain how to retrieve the codes, I just don't thing those numbers you posted are REAL CODES. Trying to help not arguing!
Problem is those explanations don't tell you that you have to enter a pass code in order to enter the service mode.
I've been away from Cats for a couple years and never worked on a D6T so must be things are different now. All the Cat with monitoring systems I worked on you could see the "error codes" just by hitting a button or two. Of course hooking up the lap top with ET was better as it would tell you much more like how many times and when the last time was. Sometimes reading those codes as they scrolled by was tricky especially if there were several that had not been cleared.
Those models could use the clicker box to put the system in service mode, cycle between the codes and clear them from the systems. I'm thinking D6R and older. H and G series wheel loaders also used that. The B series excavators had the diagnostics in them if you pressed the right buttons at the right time. The C series excavators had the similar system but used a code input to get to the service mode. All of these only gave code names for the problems. Stuff built in the last five years will give you a code but if you go one step deeper will also tell you what the problem is. You just have to have the procedure to put the system in service mode. What I saw last happening is that each type of machine will have a different procedure to get to service mode. The other rub is that the passwords are not in the service manual and are really difficult to find in SIS.
The password is standard on all D6Ts unless someone had changed it. If you bought it from an individual. They may have changed it. I always used E.T. so I don't remember what the factory code is. Any dealer could tell you.
hi, the D6T with this early serial number does not have password access. it uses the scroll box to access service mode. or you can jumper a few connections at the service por.t but to just check service codes use the scroll switch. to go to logged fault codes just use the scroll switch in the dash until you get to the right submode and the logged codes will scroll across the screen any code that has the word "serv code" attached is an active fault item 11 display item 12 scroll switch red square service port 4pin Mark
That machine is for a clicker box. So where is that compartment where the service connector is at?
Mark250, Are those pictures with the numbers pointing to all the switches and gauges out of a service manual or some place on SIS? I was trying to find something like that to help explain how to "toggle" through the display to see the trouble codes. That looks close to what I remember on the haul trucks and front end loaders we had at the quarry. And to the reference of the "Clicker box" I know somewhere I had a special instruction of how to build one from fairly basic components. If I do stumble on it some day I'll try to remember to post it.
Hi john ,the machine is pretty much the same as a 6R series 3 .it is behind the seat on the rear cab wall
Hi Ken,you wont find those pictures in a service manual or SIS. i have posted before on how to make a scroll box but in actual fact you can do it with some wires plugged into the service connector and twist them by hand mark