Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 966C and 966H Photos

Cat446D1 ยท 2008-03-13 23:56

Hey guys, Aaron here with some photos of a CAT 966C and 966H Going back in time...hehe Actually this is a recent picture made to look old. Thanks for looking, Aaron

Replies15
  1. #1Tigerotor77W2008-03-14 10:37

    Not bad... interesting that the two poses are almost identical.

  2. #2bobcat ron2008-03-15 14:26

    Big differences, less moving parts on the loaders, bigger cab and only 1 will get better fuel economy. Guess which one?

  3. #3Iron Slinger2008-04-14 20:44

    great pics

  4. #4elirock832008-04-14 22:11

    we got a 972h I see yours has the newer cat "power edge striping" ours was built in sept 06 just wondering if you have had ne problems with yours? Our dealer has been out 6 times, 3 were factory updates, the others were warranty work. We went from an deere 744h/mh to the cat and have been underwelmed. The machine had computer issues, fuel related would run about an hour and start spewing blue, white, black smoke. The seat cushion is broke (@2200 hrs). It burns more fuel than the deere and is alot slower than the deere.

  5. #5elirock832008-04-14 22:16

    for got to say got 3100 hrs on it now

  6. #6euclid2008-04-15 09:03

    Aaron, Great pictures--keep'm coming

  7. #7Tigerotor77W2008-04-15 10:16

    Western IL... are you Patten, still? Or are you Altorfer or Zeigler? Either way, I'm surprised that the machine is falling apart as much as it is -- is your dealer still being cooperative?

  8. #8elirock832008-04-15 11:49

    altorfer, I'm not upset with them (except when i have to call for parts, i shouldn't have to talk to 4 ppl and waste 20 mins to order filters). Altofer's support staff is really pretty good, i think they have some internal squables, for as big as they are and as small as our company is I have a hard time complaining about them. FYI: have been hearing rumblings cat is not happy with them, have a buddy that works at the springfield store, he says that cat as talking to everyone that works there. Also have heard that cat is putting pressure on them to sell out to another dealer. The machine is running fine now, but when you buy something new that cost as much as this machine does, it shouldn't be down for week's worth of time because of computer crap.

  9. #9JS580SL2008-04-21 11:24

    elirock, I like cat loaders until I had the chance to try a 544, 644, and 844 loader out last week. The Deeres knocked the socks of Cat.

  10. #10Burnout2008-04-21 20:17

    Deere does make a nice utility loader, I love the old 744E we had when I was young, that thing was a monster. But is it sad now that I work for a company that actually still runs a whole bunch of 966C's, and NO G or Hs? Out of all our 966's the newest is a 966F with about a bajillion hours on it.

  11. #11Rusted2008-04-23 06:01

    Says a lot about the quality of the old C's though.... I wonder how many of the G's and H's will still be around 30yrs on?

  12. #12mascas2008-04-23 13:25

    We still use a 966c for a backup loader....She is in pretty bad shape though...she has pushed her fair amount of scrap. This will probably be her last year and she will be retired to the bone yard or sold for parts...

  13. #13BeaudesertSand2008-04-24 15:39

    I got off a 966C about a month ago, stepped into a 966E at the new job. What a quantum leap from C to E it is. However, the hydraulic pump on the E is being repaired, I`ve had a 980G to use, I hated the electric levers at first, but now.... It`s going to be really hard to hand that G back There are pics of my old C here somewhere.

  14. #14cat 325ccr2008-05-18 09:16

    Great pictures!

  15. #15elirock832008-05-20 14:09

    deeres We have had a pair of 744h mh's (now 824j) the first one was good the second one was junk, broken bucket cylnder deere no longer makes new one was 6g's, (we fixed ours). Door latch broke, no longer make it update kit was $175 for a $10 dollar part. We'll look at a deere again but had to change after that last one