Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD Engine ID

dirtyboy ยท 2008-03-10 15:28

What engine would John Deere have used in a 544A? The ID plate is missing on my engine and I need to ID it. Also, The ID plate on the machine is pretty beat up. How many numbers or letters are in the Serial number? The only thing I can read is 544AG. Thanks for any info.

Replies3
  1. #1Cotterpin2008-03-10 19:30

    Dirtyboy , I can check tomorrow to see if we have any books left on 544A . Been awhile since we sold it . Terry

  2. #2excavator2008-03-10 20:11

    Your 544A should have a 329 cu. in. motor in it, I don't know about the serial number of the machine. My 544 wheel loader manuals only go back to the B-Series. If you go to www.deere.com and click on construction, then products and equipment, then on the left of the screen you will see non-current construction models. Click on wheel loaders and the 544A and it will show you an original brochure with all the specs.

  3. #3dirtyboy2008-03-11 14:51

    Thanks, I'll look at both of the sites.