Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 966c or similar

TBGLiberia ยท 2022-07-19 13:53

Hi Everyone, searching for a Cat 966c Loader to export into Africa for a road construction company I have there. Looking for an older model preferably late 70's or early 80's, my search has been unsucessful. Are there any online auctions that sell them often? Are there similar machines to the 966C anyone could recommend I look into them? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1kshansen2022-07-19 19:07

    Can't help you as I believe the last ones the company I retired from in 2015 had been sold a few years before that. One thing I know is way back then the ones the company sent to auction went for what I thought was stupid high money even if not complete or running. Guess they were doing something like you moving them to areas of the world where having a factory service tech an hour away with the latest computer program to diagnosis the problem. Good luck in the search and hope there are still some out there. To be honest those were one of my favorite machines to work on. Not one part of them I did not have apart over the years!

  2. #2Coaldust2022-07-19 20:47

    I see these older, proven, classic workhorses getting total rebuilds done by NACD Caterpillar dealers and sent to the far reaches of the world. I would try making contact with the used equipment sales Dept with some dealers.

  3. #3Jonas3022022-07-19 22:30

    Our 966F went over that way about a 1990 model was still a quite simple mechanical engine and a basic machine I bit heavier than a C but maybe you can expand your search a little newer and have better luck