Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 966H ECM’s flash files

MaddogMike · 2020-11-18 02:54

Good Day All, I have a 966H loader that touched a high voltage line with the radio antenna. All the injectors are not okay with ET and I have only the engine ecm working and readable. It starts if you disconnect no 3 & 4 Injectors. The client has another 966H, same serie TAL and am taking all ecm's except engine to test The Cat Monitor is damaged and not readable. I have a good monitor from a 966G that is good and readable, and needs to reflash to 966H config. I cannot locate the 4 flash files for the 966H The VIN numbers are CAT0966HATAL02197 and CAT0966HKTAL02697 I need some assist /advice here please. Thank You

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2020-11-18 05:50

    Unless you have access to a dealer version of Caterpillar ET software and a Comms Adapter there is no way you could upload the flash software files even if you were able to get hold of them.

  2. #2MaddogMike2020-11-20 03:10

    Hi Nige, hope this finds you well. I do have facxxx license and the old comII adapter that I use on all cat products except the newer versions. I am getting the new plug/cable from brazil. I gather that I must buy the flash file software from barlowworld then. Thanks for the reply and keep well

  3. #3Nige2020-11-20 05:32

    Good luck. I hope that they will sell it to you. In my experience most dealers wouldn’t.