Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 977D clutch not release

Yves ยท 2014-04-10 07:44

Hello gang I'm a new member I hope you able to help me with my problem I have a cat 977D and I have a problem with the clutch would not release It's stuck in the on position it's been sitting for 16 years does anybody have advise how to release the wet clutch the cat was built between 1955 and 1958

Replies4
  1. #1hector gemme2014-04-10 11:44

    Make sure you do't have water in cluch housing she could be freese if the machine is outside

  2. #2Yves2014-04-11 07:14

    Thank you for the response I would put eat under the tractor and see what I happen I will let you know soon as I can

  3. #3Yves2014-04-11 07:16

    And I would look for water also

  4. #4Yves2014-05-14 06:51

    Thank you Hector it was water and the oil change oil and everything works perfectly thank you again