Hey, I have a CAT 977L and I changed all the fluids, filters and fixed the leaks. I also adjusted the breaks-linkage and clutch linkage. I used it for 2-8 hour days with no issues but suddenly i lost power in the transmission -speed, torque in forward and reverse. what should i look for in diagnosing the problem.
Check oil level check trans pressure pull magnetic strainer and see how bad it is
I just drove it again. It seems to loose power when put under a load. All fluids are good, mag strainer is clear, I'm leaning towards the transmission bypass valve. ?
Do the motor slow down or do it stay the same speed when you lose power? Bob
You need to get a 600 psi gauge and check the main pressure and the p1 and p2 see if they are falling if not check the convertor in pressure its the only way to diagnosis what is going on you can pull the floor board and see if the drive shaft keeps turning when the tractor quits pulling if it keeps turning the problem in in the trans if the drive shaft stops the problem is in the convertor