I accidentally put 12gal of TO2 in the transmission on my 1980 977l, will this work ok or should I change the transmission fluid and replace? Thanks
TO-2 was the original specification of the transmission oil for that machine at the time it was built. What gives you the impression it is the wrong oil.?
Someone told me that but I didn’t think it was true but wanted to be sure, the machine doesn’t want to move on startup but will after it runs for a few minutes but at times it does it when I’m working it, haven’t had it very long, should I change the transmission filter and where can I get one? Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it
Sounds more like a suction side air leak on the trans pump. Changing the filter and checking the suction screen would be a good start.
What you really need is an Operation & Maintenance Manual. Post a Serial Number and I can direct you to the appropriate one for your particular machine. They cost around $50. You should really have removed, inspected, and cleaned the transmission oil suction screen when you changed the oil, plus changed the filter at the same time. Again a Serial Number will get you some info to be going on with while you get your own O&M Manual.
I didn’t change it, I added to it, thanks for the info
This is all the numbers I can find, supposedly a 1980 model
Or I can email.one for freeeeeeeeee
This one.? Because for the Serial Number in question (70J2929) that's what he needs........ At $30 for a download it's not going to break the bank.
Agreed. A check of the hose(s) and fittings on the suction side of the transmission pump might be a very good idea.
I appreciate the responses, that should take care of my concerns, have a great day all
If you want to download a genuine OEM copy of the Manual I illustrated above, click this LINK , type SEBU5374 in the box and click Search.
Yes and a service repair manual. Came on a CD with some paperwork with my 977L
That's for a 14X-prefix machine and is a different manual to the one the OP needs for a 70J-prefix. There may well be a lot of common information between the two manuals, but they won't be identical.
Dunno. Mine is 1977 or 78. Didn't realize much changed between then and 80 Edit.. Just looked it up. 14x is 77 to 82 per the book. Thought they were made till 83 though. Dunno, I'm not very familiar with CAT stuff.
I’m not knocking you for offering a free manual to the OP, just trying to point out that it’s not exactly the correct one for his particular machine. The 70J machines were built in Japan, the 14X in the US. It might well be that 99% of the two O&M manuals are the same but the 1% difference between them could just be the thing that bites an owner in the ***.