Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 943 run/ start switch

dd cat 943 · 2024-07-26 20:20

I am looking for the part number for the run/start switch as it is called in my operators manual. It is the one with the knob that actually engages the starter. It is a Cat 943 track loader. Machine serial number is 19Z00750. Thanks for your help

Replies11
  1. #1CM19952024-07-26 20:29

    Is this it? 8F-3437 It says my price is $2.86 on SIS...not sure that's accurate. I don't think you can buy any heavy equipment part from any manufacturer for less than 3 bucks.

  2. #2dd cat 9432024-07-26 20:39

    Wow that was fast! I don’t know for sure that is the problem yet. When to start it and nothing happened. Jumped it at the starter and it fired right up. I will try to get it out sometime this weekend and check it out. How do I order if that is the problem?

  3. #3CM19952024-07-26 20:49

    SIS is "fairly" easy to navigate if one has a serial # and I only have the customer version. As far as getting one, call or stop by your dealer with that part # and see if they have one. I am in AL and the closest one is in the DC in Atlanta. Now I am no mechanic, I just have an SIS account and sorta know how to work it. For specific info on troubleshooting @Cmark or @Nige are extremely more knowledgeable.

  4. #4dd cat 9432024-07-26 20:58

    And yes that certainly looks like it.

  5. #5dd cat 9432024-07-26 20:59

    The 8f-3437 is only for the lever. That is why it is so cheep.

  6. #6dd cat 9432024-07-26 21:12

    It looks like the part number 7N-0718 may be it but that is for a newer serial number than what I have. I would assume it would work, it just has to make a connection.

  7. #7CM19952024-07-26 21:14

    Well like I said SIS is "fairly" easy to navigate and I'm no mechanic.

  8. #8Tyler d4c2024-07-26 21:52

    That's the battery disconnect switch not the start/run switch

  9. #9Nige2024-07-27 05:32

    As Tyler said above, that 7N-0718 switch is for the battery disconnect. You need the complete switch as per the illustration posted by @CM1995 above, not just the lever. However, as always, there is a catch......... For machines up to 19Z393 the switch called out was originally a 9G-1480, from 19Z253-Up it is a 9W-1077. It seems as though the earlier Part Number updates to the later one. It sounds to me as though a bit more diagnosis might be needed before you go shelling out coin on a new switch that may or may not be the cause of the problem.

  10. #10Dave Neubert2024-07-27 08:45

    Pull the switch out and jump the terminals and see if it starts

  11. #11sealark372024-08-15 13:18

    Good advice above. If it is the switch, be ready for a fight, as the switch and wiring is jammed in tight to the compartment.