Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 980G and 826G

UrParts ยท 2013-04-05 10:02

Hi Does anyone know if the transmission from a Cat 826G is the same as a 980G. I heard that the 826 is based on the 980G

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2013-04-05 11:12

    Do you have the Serial Numbers & Arrangement Numbers of both transmissions..? The data will be on a plate about 2" square on the planetary case right next to the control valve. There could be loads of permutations. With the Serial Numbers I can tell you if one is a direct replacement for the other and if not what would need changing. FYI - There are 2 different ranges of 826G compactor and 6 for 980G Wheel Loader

  2. #2big ben2013-04-05 23:43

    Not 100% sure off the top of my head but they will be very close. The difference will be in the T/C (826 may have a lock-up) as the 826 is a pusher and 980 a loader.

  3. #3Nige2013-04-06 09:38

    I did a brief check and the 826G does not have a lockup clutch converter. The particular 980G into which the OP wants to install the transmission might well have one though if it was originally specified for load & carry. Also there are Series I & Series II machines of both models with significant differences between the two so a unit from a Series I will likely not fit into a Series II and vice versa, hence the request for Serial Numbers from the 2 transmissions .......