Please help, our Cat 980h itching pedal and ride control are not working. I put the ET the other day and it detected that the itching pedal and the ride control are not programmed. Someone came to programme them but it didn't work and he suggested that we change the Transmission ECM. We replaced the ECM but when l put the ET it is detecting 5 ECMs but cannot see the Transmission ECM on the list and it's saying Transmission : Duplicate Type on Data Link, Unable to Service. I don't know what's causing this please or what to do.
I am not well versed with that machine but i wanna help you by asking you. After installing a new transmission Ecm did you commission the Ecm inorder for it to start to working ? Is your Transmission Ecm getting power ? Did you check your transmission harness and its connectors if they are not lose ?
What type of machine did the replacement transmission ECM come from.? Are you sure you replaced the transmission ECM.? There are at least a couple of ECM's on those loaders that look the same but are in fact different Part Numbers. Usually they are for for transmission and implements. Post a Serial Number please.
The serial number is AKZL01012.
What about answers to the rest of the questions..?
I would advise some things, first, check cables and fuses second, check contacts with sensors and valves, third, check the plug in to walk for bad contacts, while for ecm I advise you to look at the serial number because it must be correct, and then a test with a communication can diagnosis
We just found out that a wrong reman ECM was supplied for the transmission and we didn't cross reference it before fitting.Another one is on the way. Once it's fitted I will give an update.
Can I just ask if the fuse for this ECM is in that fuse box in the RH back corner of the cab and also does the transmission harness connectors are at back outer side of the cab please. I am not well familiar with this machine please.
I sent you the electrical schematic
Ok
If the ECM was a genuine Cat Reman product it would be a 10R-4332. OEM Part Number is 172-9389. The Reman ECM would also be blank and would require the appropriate powertrain software to be flashed in it because the same ECM Part Number is used in over 1100 different models........!!
Thanks everyone, we fitted the correct ECM, a Cat dealer technician came over and programmed it. The machine is working good now, thank you for all the info.