View attachment 282003 Good evening. I’ve a Cat 980H just passing through my yard and this light keeps popping up. I’ve no history whatsoever on it,but it started and ran fine whilst loading it onto lowloader etc. I’m curious as to what the problem is. It’s just moving around the yard and flashing up. I’ve nowhere to put it to work and get it warmed up,but it had been sat a couple of years I believe. Many thanks .
If you mean the one on the bottom row it indicates a low primary steering pressure. If the loader has a electric secondary steering system (an attachment) then you should hear it start up whenever the warning light comes on. a S/N would identify if the loader was built with a secondary system. The SERV CODE icon illuminated in the window below indicates one or more Active Diagnostic Codes are present. To get into the diagnostics is pretty simple using a Click Box or even a couple of lengths of wire. Service Mode is Mode 6 IIRC. See this thread - The famous Cat "Click Box" It is a regular event on HEF for someone to post a question regarding Cat machine electronics, Diagnostic Codes, etc. For a large number of the questions posted the answer(s) revolve around the famous Cat “Click Box”, otherwise known as the 4C-8195 Control Service Tool. This tool usually hooks... HeavyEquipmentForums Maybe looking at the Active Diagnostic Codes should be the first move. If there is one for the steering pump pressure sensor then that would also explain the warning light.
Thanks Nige. I will screenshot your message to Ian the fitter.He’s helping me with a D8 track change. P.s I sent you a private msg