So I replaced fuel transfer pump 5 months ago and it seemed to fix problem, but now again its getting fuel into crankcase. Question ,can there be another culprit that would put fuel into the crankcase ? this is a 9u D6 cat crawler serial #15500 aprox. thankyou in advance for any light anyone can shed on this problem.
I think there's a seal on the accessory drive up front where the fuel system joins the timing gears. Maybe somebody else can put this into words better than me.......... Barry Franklin
Welcome to the forums Roadhog533. To answer your question, yes, there's a fuel line that runs from the transfer pump to the filter housing... On my old 9U it was rotted out and dumped fuel into the engine oil... I installed an electric transfer pump that fed directly into the injection pump and bypassed the filter unit... Worked great! I have pictures on my home computer if you want to see how I did it...
Well, I'm way late on this one. There is an "O" ring seal between the filter tower and fuel injection pump that is a common culprit. Also a same seal at the other end of the fuel injection pump that should be changed while your in there. If it's a late s/n they dropped the rear seal and made it a blind hole. If you take that funny shaped cover off the side of the filter tower you can look in there to check leaking but the FI pump needs to be removed to fix the problem. "O" ring/s are a dash # 318
9u fuel in crankcase I repacked transfer pump . crossing fingers .I did check seal behind cover as per Old Magnet's, looks alright but i'll keep an eye on it till it goes into service. the tube from filter housing to pump is a drain to bleed air on this particular motor. Thanks for the suggestions ,I'm very appreciative .I'll update when more info is available.
Transfer pump seals would really have to be bad (both seals) for that to be the problem as there is a drain line for the cavity between the two seals.
you called it Old Magnet , the o ring on injection pump is leaking and if the fuel tank is fuel it exacerbates the problem ,keep the good work, thanks for again for your wisdom.