Loses power at full throtle. Happens under load and standing sitll. Open throttle up and engine revs up to full power for about ten seconds then starts missing and running rough. Replaced fuel filter and air filters but did not fix the problem. Suggestions.
Possible lift pump or a restriction from the tank.
277b Was it instant problem or has been getting worse. Should be a electric fuel pump on the right side of engine make sure it is coming on when the key is turned on. If it does not have a electric pump then there is a mechanical pump on the left side engine with two fuel lines coming out of it. You have to remove the screw on the top and there is a screen there that is the pre filter before it gets to the fuel water separator element. I would then disconnect each fuel line and blow them out with an air wand the first one would be the suction line going to the fuel tank. I have seen sticks, rocks, socks, and a trash bag shoved in the tank. When blowing them out you would hear baubles girgggling in the tank if no restriction and you would feel the resistance of a piece of trash in the line and would hear it blow it and then the girrgling in the tank once it clears. Hook lines back up and try. Lets us know what you find.
I agree with farm kid 100%, kiss it 1st thing. Keep it simple stupid, not meaning such. But we all tend to overlook at times. I too have removed veryyy odd things from supply tanks/resv. One reason to be aware of your AO, as kids n others n competition will play games to shut your machines down. I lock everything, n haven't had issues since. Just saying,,,
Hard to tell, I believe the problem just started. It is an electric fuel pump and appears to be working since it filled the fuel filter/serarator when I changed the fuel filter. I will check the pre filter screen and hoses to and from the filter. Will let you know how it went on Monday.
Thanks for the tip!! Problem solved.