Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT backhoe 416c cab switches

Jack Handy · 2022-09-18 21:03

Just bought a 1997 CAT 416c, 4zn02511. The switches in the cab have the labels worn off, I have no idea what three of them do. If someone has a description of what all the buttons do, it would be much appreciated.

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2022-09-19 09:02

    Is this any help.? the 3 switches on the LH side are for lights, the centre one for the flashing beacon, and the 3 on the RH side are for the wipers/washers.

  2. #2aighead2022-09-19 10:58

    And now... "Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy" “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.” One of my favorites- " If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did." Man that's some funny, dumb stuff. Whoops, I spelled it wrong. My bad, thanks for the memories.

  3. #3mitch5042022-09-19 11:03

    wrong thread, maybe, aighead?

  4. #4Jack Handy2022-09-19 17:34

    Thx, for the Replies. It's the switch just to the left of the steering wheel? and two of them to the right of the seat? the rest I figured out by poking around in the dark.

  5. #5Nige2022-09-20 04:55

    Do you mean these.? The arrowed switch is for the hazard flashers, the centre one for AWD, and the right one for the transmission neutral lock TBH your best bet, especially if you plan on doing your own maintenance, is to get a copy of the Operation & Maintenance Manual. You can download one from Cat for $75. - https://catpublications.com/

  6. #6aighead2022-09-20 06:26

    Ha, no mitch504, the OPs handle is Jack Handy, which reminded me of Jack Handey, a comedian (or comedic writer)(?) that used to have short scenes on Saturday Night Live. Just random, nonsense humor, like posted above. Just me having memories and confusing the other fine folk here!

  7. #7mitch5042022-09-20 08:21

    Oh, yeah, I remember those! I didn't even pay attention to his screen name.

  8. #8Jack Handy2022-09-20 17:55

    Thx all. The transmission neutral lock is one that I could not identify, now I just need to know when it is needed. I believe the other switch is a start aid button, just above the hand throttle, no idea how to use that properly either. And the last button, that is above the button, that may or may not be a start aid button, is another button that says front/ rear in French, not sure what that is for, heat maybe? Yes, I definitely need the manual, but I'm broke due to buying a backhoe, and three seal kits.