Shop I work out of has several 963 series loaders most of which are aging B series units they do however have a relatively new D series. Was looking it over as they are replacing rails at 6000 hours, had not noticed prior that the bucket pins which had always been overly complex to attach bucket or cylinders have been seriously simplified.
Well, that means the simple stuff now costs twice as much! LOL
Yep, it seems as though cartridge pins are a thing of the past (unless you run a 992) and good riddance IMO.
One of the biggest problems I recall with the cartridge pins, we had them on 988B's, was very few people knew that it was possible to change the oil in them. Had to check and see that was part of the 2,000 hour service.
You're lucky. Ours generally never made it that far......and personally I don't believe that changing a couple of ounces of oil would have made much difference to how long they lived.
I agree with the good riddance on the cartridge pins. They did not reduce cost and increase component life cycles as advertised. In general they only increased the capital cost of the machine allowing competitors to compete just on price points.
Same style pins on the C series loaders as well. Our '04 953C has that style pin.