Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat Bobcat Quick Hitch Stuck

nickbowers ยท 2016-02-04 01:38

Hi All, I have a 2011 Cat 347b3 skid steer and im trying to remove the the bucket. The handle has been broken off and the pin is seized down. No matter how hard i bash it with the sledge hammer i cant get it to move.Any suggestions? Cheers, Nick

Replies7
  1. #1brendano2016-02-04 05:07

    I would suggest cutting the spring link off the top of the locking tab with an oxy torch or cutting the locking tab itself off at the bottom as you need the bucket off to repair it all anyway and those parts are the easiest to replace /repair (you need a new handle anyway) good luck !

  2. #2nickbowers2016-02-04 15:10

    Hi, Thanks for the reply. Are they exposed once the bucket is off?

  3. #3AllDodge2016-02-04 15:57

    They should be. Was unable to find a 347b3 but found a 247b2 using prefix MTL and below is the parts and locations. Hope this helps, if not give us your serial number

  4. #4Nige2016-02-04 16:07

    2 47B3 will be either ESL, KB3, or TSL prefix. AFAIK the mechanical quick release mechanism is basically the same on all of them. A Serial Number would confirm it though .......

  5. #5OMF2016-02-04 22:08

    soak with diesel.....

  6. #6nickbowers2016-02-16 06:36

    Hi, Sorry for the late reply, i ended up cutting the bottom off so i could get the bucket off. I then smashed the pin through with the sledge hammer. Wish i have a slide sledge.

  7. #7msllc2016-03-06 03:11

    I have TWO bobcats (a 751 & a 773) that have this same problem. I am considering the cutting procedure you did just to get the bucket out of the way. Mine are all clogged ? hung up because of very fine concrete dust in the joint, on the 751, & heavy rust, on the 773. I really don't have a ton of time to deal with these two machines, as I Have other pressing / higher paying jobs to do right now. If I could get the 773 apart, that machine would be close to perfect for its age. The 751 I have, is covered in concrete waste, so focusing heavily on that machine is not the best use of my time right now anyways.