Hi all, I’m working on a C32 SCAC installation with three engines (Stbd, Center, Port). I’ve been troubleshooting an issue on the Port engine where the inlet manifold temperature is consistently higher than expected compared to the Stbd engine, even under the same load conditions. Here’s what I’ve checked/done so far: Swapped the heat exchanger from Stbd to Port – no improvement, inlet manifold temp still high. Installed a brand new aftercooler – no change. Swapped turbochargers between Stbd and Port. On Stbd, the turbo performs as expected (190–210 kPa boost at 100% load, 2250 rpm, exhaust ~650 °C, inlet manifold ~75 °C, jacket water ~93 °C). On Port, with the same turbo, boost pressure and exhaust temp look fine (195 kPa / 650 °C, jacket water ~90 °C), but inlet manifold temp rises to ~89 °C. Coolant flow appears normal, and jacket water temperature is stable. Aftercooler is confirmed clean and pressure-tested OK. So far, the Stbd engine runs within expected range, but the Port engine always shows higher inlet manifold temperature , even when swapping known good components. Has anyone come across a similar case with C32 SCAC, where inlet manifold temps run hotter despite normal jacket water, boost, and aftercooler condition? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
DOES IT HAVE seperate water pumps, try running with out air cleaner, bad sensor? I ran into a situation where engine had 2 water pumps
Duplicate thread. Please respond here - HeavyEquipmentForums