Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat c6.6

George32 · 2025-09-26 06:48

Hi everyone, I have a caterpillar c6.6 fitted into an atlas copco which keeps coming up with all injectors not responding properly, any advise on where to start checking before changing injectors etc, always starts and runs for about half an hour then shuts down but will restart straight away again Tia

Replies2
  1. #1Deimos2025-09-26 16:29

    I assume your engine has the 666 prefix? Judging by the symptoms, it very much looks like a failed ECM. But in any case, all checks and tests must be performed. First, I would suggest you check all the contacts on the J2 connector on the ECM and the injector connector contacts to ensure they are clean and free of damage or breaks. Run an "Injector Solenoid Test" and ensure each injector solenoid clicks. Run a "Fuel System Verification Test". If all your injectors are original CAT, if the injector trim files are original, if the wires are intact, and if all tests are OK, then the problem is most likely with the ECM.

  2. #2HeavyMetalRepair2025-09-26 19:59

    Agreed. Usually a fault for all 6 is an ecm failure. But I don’t remember them running at all when a fault for all 6 is present.