Cat C7.1 88104896 Industrial similar to loader engine. Has all 3 Inducement Event faults: 5246-0 5246-15 5246-16 Also has event: 3256-15 = DEF Concentration High 3256-18 = DEF Concentration Low. These are all active event faults and has zero Fault Codes I pulled and tested DEF injector and it was dead, replaced DEF injector and confirmed spraying. Has new DEF fluid. My experience with Cat is after you repair the problem, Running engine, performing service Regen or running aftertreatment recovery will always clear derate. This is not happening. I can not get the inducement faults to clear. If I run Aftertreatment function test It fails and says "Error code 0002 Active diagnostic present" but there is no fault codes only the Listed Event codes.
I may be wrong but unless you have a dealer version of ET I don't think you can clear a derate resulting from a 5246-0. For the purpose of the Aftertreatment Function Test an Active Event and/or an Active Diagnostic Code are considered to be the same thing - an "Active Diagnostic".
Cat diagnostics suck when it comes to DEF concentration and NOx sensor readings. ET does not show a parameter for DEF fluid % like other makes (although ECU is monitoring it) same with no NOx sensor reading PPM so you are left to guess: Bad DEF? Bad DEF quality sensor? Bad Nox sensor(working but not reading correctly)? Or a marid of other EGR(NRS For Cat-Service calls it EGR/parts call it NRS)??? or intake/exhaust issue. Somewhere deeper in SIS says to replace DEF tank sensor if DEF fluid tests good. So i did and then ran Aftertreatment system function test and before it was completed all faults including derate codes self cleared. So not only was DEF injector bad so was DEF tank sensor module. With no fault code for it. On to the next project!
I have the solution